Book Reviews

I just thought it would be fun to keep a list of books I have read.

Book Rating Scale:
1 = If there is nothing else to read - Okey read it.
2 = There are some really good parts.
3 = There are some really good parts and l learned something
from reaidng it. I liked the book.
4 = I loved the book
5 = At the top of my list. I couldn't put the book down and I
would consider rereading it.

Give me your ideas. If you have read a few of these books tell me what you think about them. Let me know what books are on the top of your list.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Because Of Winn-Dixie by Kate Camillo


At the start of Kate DiCamillo's Newbery Honor novel, ten-year-old India Opal Buloni has just moved to Naomi, Florida. Her mom has left the family, and her preacher father has been hiding in his old "turtle shell." All India Opal wants is a friend. That's when she finds Winn-Dixie, a stray dog she rescues at the local grocery store. Having Winn-Dixie for a dog is great. India Opal starts to meet people in town, her father starts poking out of his shell, and India Opal even begins to understand why her mother may have left. All of this happens because of Winn-Dixie.

I don't like dogs all that much - but I do like Winn-Dixie. I learned from this book that it's best to see people with your hearts and not your eyes.

Rating = 4.6

Lexile = 610

Grade Level = 3rd

No comments: