The Work & the Glory vol. 1: Pillar of Light
The Work & the Glory vol. 2: Like a Fire is Burning
The Work & the Glory vol. 3: Truth Will Prevail
The Work & the Glory vol. 4: Thy Gold to Refine
The Work & the Glory vol. 5: A Season of Joy
The Work & the Glory vol. 6: Praise to the Man
The Work & the Glory vol. 7: No Unhallowed Hand
The Work & the Glory vol. 8: So Great a Cause
The Work & the Glory vol. 9: All is Well
I
The Kingdom and the Crown, Vol. 1: Fishers of Men
The Kingdom and the Crown, Vol. 2: Come Unto Me
The Kingdom and the Crown, Vol. 3: Behold the Man
Over the last 4 months I have read 12 books by Gerald N. Lund. I learned so much about life during Joseph Smiths era and Jesus’ era. I have a whole new perspective. It’s interesting how putting history is a story makes it easier to remember and understand.
I’m not sure for rating on these books. If you read one you must read them all. So the best way I can think of is to rate them in 3 different categories.
1. Gaining a new perspective an learning something ; Rating 5
2. Story Line; Rating 4
3. Flow of the book; Rating 3
I found myself getting frustrated because Lund gets too wordy and I just want to get on with the story. Both Work and Glory and Kingdom Crown are more centered on fictional families not Joseph Smith and Jesus. I loved the families in both the books. I almost gave up on the Work and the Glory around book 3 but I was really glad I didn’t. I found myself skimming through parts of the Work and the Glory because I just wanted to know what happens and Lund would go off on some random idea or mini story.
Book Reviews
I just thought it would be fun to keep a list of books I have read.
Book Rating Scale:
1 = If there is nothing else to read - Okey read it.
2 = There are some really good parts.
3 = There are some really good parts and l learned something
from reaidng it. I liked the book.
4 = I loved the book
5 = At the top of my list. I couldn't put the book down and I
would consider rereading it.
Give me your ideas. If you have read a few of these books tell me what you think about them. Let me know what books are on the top of your list.
Book Rating Scale:
1 = If there is nothing else to read - Okey read it.
2 = There are some really good parts.
3 = There are some really good parts and l learned something
from reaidng it. I liked the book.
4 = I loved the book
5 = At the top of my list. I couldn't put the book down and I
would consider rereading it.
Give me your ideas. If you have read a few of these books tell me what you think about them. Let me know what books are on the top of your list.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment